AI Powered Chat Support Services: The Future of Customer Support is Here
This is the digital age of the Millennials and they certainly know it! Millennials are probably the hardest customers to satisfy owing to their tech-savvy and well-informed nature. Having sky-high expectations they seek instant gratification, ease of use and pre-emptive services.
Customers don’t think in terms of channels – businesses do. Customers are only interested in a quality customer support service that solves their problem at hand. They may reach out through your store, social media or even your mobile website interchangeably and expect integrated customer support. Millennials with their great love for the digital sphere therefore not only wish for but require this omnichannel experience. If they do not receive it they have no qualms about switching to a competitor.
The use of AI Powered Chat Support Services and Operations can help reduce operation costs and meeting customer expectations. AI enables the convergence of human and machine intelligence resulting in better customer service experiences. The front-runner in any new tech, Google, is pushing the use of cloud-based AI platforms for its customer service.
According to Gartner, non-voice interactions in customer support is likely to rise from 55% in 2015 to 85% by the year 2020.
“AI is becoming the new user interface (UI), underpinning the way we transact and interact with systems. 79% of business leaders agree that AI will revolutionize the way they gain information from and interact with customers. As AI takes over more of the user experience, it grows beyond just an intelligent interface. With each customer interaction becoming more personalized, powerful, and natural, AI moves into an even more prominent position: your digital spokesperson,” -Accenture Technology Vision 2017
What problems are businesses facing that is pushing them to use AI in customer support?
- Huge Vaults of Unused Data
In this day and age “Your call is being recorded for service quality purposes” isn’t there to just languish in a vault. This data is a very important asset that needs to be analyzed and businesses have finally woken up to the realities of big data.
The Forrester report from January this year: “2017 Customer Service Trends: Operations Become Smarter And More Strategic,” touches on the concept of pre-emptive customer service. The report highlights that “companies will continue to explore the power of intelligent agents to add conversational interfaces to static self-service content. They will anticipate needs by context, preferences, and prior queries and will deliver proactive alerts, relevant offers, or content. They will additionally become smarter over time via embedded artificial intelligence.”
Based on the customer analytics data, businesses can offer personalized products to the customer, along with cross-selling activities. AI based customer support ecosystems can identify issues and correlate them across multiple parameters in real time and provide proactive resilience.
2. Menial Customer Support Eating Up Agent Time
Businesses often find their agents answering each customer care issue laboriously no matter how insignificant; to maximize customer satisfaction? But isn’t this wasting the agent’s mental faculties? AI based customer support can be used to handle most customer complaints and queries while freeing the customer support personnel to think about sophisticated solutions and problem resolution. Unlike the human customer care agent, AI based customer support can scale much better over time to offer smarter problem solving, improved diagnosis of the customer issue, and increased loyalty.
3. 24X7 Customer Support
24 Hour Customer Support is no longer just a benchmark but is actually now the norm. But with agent churn, holidays and other such constraints how easy is this? Pretty hard, by any stretch of the imagination!
Automated customer service is not constrained by time zones or even public holidays. This gives organizations the ability to resolve issues as soon as they arise. This means customers can have their inquiries resolved 24 hours a day, and don’t have to wait for a response. This can greatly influence customer satisfaction and also shows that a company that is committed to supporting customers – which is valuable for brand reputation and trust.
4. Speed is a Need; Not a Want
A recent ZenDesk survey showed that customers who received a quick resolution of their issue equated it with a good customer service experience. Digitization has the power to make speedy resolutions and thus improve service satisfaction. Digital solutions are hugely powerful in increasing customer satisfaction in the face of an issue.
5. Reliable and Consistent Service
AI based customer support provides a level of reliability that cannot be matched by its human counterparts. Customer service chatbots are free from many afflictions and biases that can negatively impact customer interaction. A Zendesk Study showed that 42% of B2C customers purchased more after a good customer service experience, whilst 52% stopped buying after one bad customer service interaction.
So what customer support tool does CSS Corp offer to help businesses meet these myriad expectations?
Cognitive CX Platform is a cloud-based PaaS solution which includes modules of analytics, virtual assistant, knowledge management, and mobile app, powered by machine learning and NLP. Cognitive CX Platform can be used as a standalone customer support interface or as a platform solution integrated with Amazon Echo, Apple Siri, Microsoft Cortana, and Google Now.
It is a Virtual Assistant Tool which amalgamates human and machine intelligence to provide an automated solution for customer engagement. Integrating with all customer channels it offers predictive intelligence, routing, channel allocation and automated queuing.
Features of Cognitive CX Platform:
- Humanized Customer Support Interactions: It has been designed to offer personalized and contextual customer support with a humanized style of interaction. It’s objective is to employ AI to provide AI based customer support that the customer’s issues are resolved at the very first interaction.
- Deep Learning AI: Cognitive CX Platform learns from customer support interactions and adds to its knowledge base constantly. It also understands what the customer intends to convey and responds quickly. Cognitive CX Platform can remember facts and access online portals for information which thereby gives it an incredible ability to troubleshoot, solve complex problems and be interactive in dialogue in tandem. All this makes Cognitive CX Platform a next-generation virtual assistant; leagues ahead of its competitors.
- Highly Scalable and Secure AI: Cognitive CX Platform can scale horizontally and the customer need not be bothered if his/her data range from a few megabytes to many terabytes. It can simultaneously serve any number of requests ranging from one to millions without taking the slightest hit in performance. Cognitive CX Platform was designed with security as a cornerstone and hence its architecture factors all elements of security. Communications between the client and server are encrypted and therefore there is no risk of compromised data at all.
- Predicting Customer Behavior: Customers today are very tech-savvy and prefer solving their problems instead of talking to a customer support agent. Cognitive CX Platform allows companies to be proactive in their customer support services by foreseeing the nature and timing of problems a customer will face and offer help before they even realize what the problem is.
- Anticipating Failures: Cognitive CX Platform allows brands to analyze data generated from customer support interactions which can help foresee failures, take pre-emptive steps and improve overall customer service quality. The AI identifies pain points and correlates them to multiple parameters and helps create proactive resilience.
- Creating New Revenue Streams for Customers: Cognitive CX Platform’s advanced analytics can help brands find new patterns and contents to influence the ideal customer's’ purchase decision. This allows companies to understand their customer’s next step and generate additional revenue through new business opportunities. Thus, Cognitive CX Platform’s analytical capability provides an insight into the minds’ of a company’s customers and gives them the tools to enhance customer support experiences offered.
Cognitive CX Platform is now empowering organizations by providing them context for their customer support service interactions. Cognitive CX Platform delivers a 40-50% reduction in call, email and chat interactions for technical support. It also improves agent productivity by up to 30% and increases customer satisfaction by 20%.
Cognitive CX Platform as a catalyst for growth is empowering organizations to drive context driven customer engagements. Cognitive CX Platform delivers a 40-50% reduction in call, email, and chat interactions for technical support, to improve agent productivity by up to 30%, and increase customer satisfaction by 25%.
According to Gartner by 2018, 6 billion connected products will be requesting support. Organizations will have to respond to much larger volumes of customer support requests.
So how does your company intend to respond to this sharp upswing of customer support requests?