Designation: Sr. Network Engineer
Work Location: Chennai
Experience: 3 to 5 Years
- 5 years’ work experience
- 3+ year experience supporting enterprise customers with complex data center environments, preferably with a network technology company
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for helping customers diagnose and resolve complex technical issues. You will work closely with our Engineering team.
- Your ability to successfully troubleshoot complex networking issues is the key skill necessary for this position.
What you will do:
- Work with the customer to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues and replicate customer environments and network problems as needed to provide resolution.
- Document issues and work with engineering if needed to provide fixes.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing and deployment of Client systems;
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, sales, and engineering;
- Serve as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation
- Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support related activities
- Help define and develop support processes and tools as appropriate
What you are great at:
- Strong experience in routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Strong knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow, and TCP session establishment
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting VRRP and VRF deployments.
- Experience in troubleshooting bandwidth, latency, and loss network performance issues
- Basic understanding of Linux (Redhat / CentOS)
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like tcpdump and/or Wireshark;
- Basic understanding of WAN technologies, policy-based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs, L2 Switching technologies, IPSEC and Firewalls
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN Technologies and SAN/NAS; experience with SaaS, IaaS (AWS, vCHS, Azure), virtualization and hypervisors including VMware vSphere, MS HyperV, or Citrix Xen