This job role can be expected to analyze, prepare, implement, execute test cases, and verify the configuration and integration of a node/network/system. Scope could include the scenarios of Introduction, upgrade expansion (functionality & capacity), migration, this to form part of customer legacy.
Typical Interfaces Customer, Customer Project Manager, Solution Architect, Technical SME, Implementation Management, Test Manager, Network Design Engineer. SW-Developer.
Tools & Resources CCR-tool, Site Handler. Other tools depending on the products involved in the solution, such as OSS-RC, Service On, MOshell, Element Manager, Defect Management
Tool: JIRA, SynapseRT, Zephyr, HP Quality Centre (HP ALM), SW Gateway, ELIS (Ericsson License Register).
- Creating & Innovating
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Learning & Researching
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning and organizing Responsibilities include:
- System Integration of platforms, applications, end-to-end Telecom and IT systems
- System Verification of solutions across labs, staging and production (live traffic) environments
- Solution design and architecture
- Scripting & Automation of deployment and testing
- Load testing of enterprise systems
- Work on networking and data bases in a converged Telecom & IT environment
- Understanding the end-to-end solution
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field
Domain / Technology / Knowledge:
- Value Added Services (VAS), Service Delivery Platforms (SDP) and Service Enablement (SE)
- Open-source adaptations
- API exposure
- Data analysis
- System integration experience
- Linux/UNIX (install, configure) Additional Skillset sought: SOAP, REST, TCP/IP, HTTP protocols knowledge
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, switch config, IP troubleshooting – Snoop/Sniff/Packet analysis)
- Database knowledge (SQL, Oracle systems)
- VMWare (experience working with VMWare ESXi, VSphere)
- System Verification experience and use of tools (Selenium, SOAP UI, JMeter)
- Work Experience on Troubleshooting Tools (WireShark, TOAD/SQL, WireMock, Tcpdump)
- Focus areas of domain expertise: o BSS (Real time and converged solutions, Billing, Portals, Campaign mgmt, EAI and CRM) o OSS (Fulfillment, Assurance, EAI, customer experience management) o Cloud o Service Delivery and Service Enablement solutions and VAS (Value added services) transformation/consolidation; o TV & Media o IP and network knowledge Prefer to have experience with agile development. Working with global team/ geographically disperse is a plus.