Designation: Engineer – Networking
Experience: 2-7 Years
- Understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth, latency, and how bandwidth and latency restrictions affect application performance.
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures like Wireshark, TCP dumps.
- Good networking skills with an understanding of packet flow through routers/switches, TCP session establishment.
- Experience with general routing/switching protocols, policy-based routing, spanning‐tree, VLANs, and VLAN trunk.
- Experience/Additional knowledge with any of the following: NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, Firewall would be preferable.
- Basic Linux knowledge to grep, cat, move, etc…
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide accurate and prompt updates to customers.
- Manage technical escalations and participate in conference calls.
- Participate in cross-regional/functional swarming support model
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base articles.