Position Title: Telecommunications Field Technician
Entity: Glow Networks
Classification: Non exempt
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: North Eastern US
Working Hours: Will be required to work any shifts to meet customer needs
Salary Range: $16 to $20 per hour, W2; based on interview and experience.
Summary/Objectives: Telecommunications field Technicians perform on site installation, integration activities and call testing. Previous experience of telecommunications equipment, and cabling in a cellular site and switching center environment experience is desired. Strong aptitude for mechanical installation is required. Any installation; telecommunications experience is preferred. Candidates will complete an extensive background investigation and a drug screen before an offer of employment becomes effective.
Position Responsibilities: All work will be performed on live equipment at cell sites. Sites will be indoors or outdoors, and many will be in isolated locations. Candidates must be familiar and comfortable with working with power connections / systems. Candidate must have his own car/truck, tools and laptop computer and must be physically able to perform the job functions at isolated cell sites. Deploy the product utilizing job specifications, drawings, Methods and procedures provided by manufacturer and/or customer and in accordance with quality standards. Complete basic building and construction of product hardware, at the customer’s site. Coordinate with remote integration team members are required. Complete Close Out Packages on a per site basis. At all times Adhere to OSHA requirements. Must be able to work alone at night in isolated locations.
Required Education/Experience and Competencies:
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Completion of mechanical, electronics or electrical training from a technical institute
- Experience with telecommunications, computer, electrical, technical or mechanical installation
- Must possess: reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills, set up console sessions, resolve connection issues, etc.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook