Position Title: Remote Integration Test Center (RITC) Engineer
Entity: CSS Corp
Classification: Non- Exempt
Reports To: Project Manager
Working Hours: Night shifts 11 pm – 7 am; may be required to work other shifts to meet customer needs, Irving Texas.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
Summary/Objective: RITC Engineer will work in the Nokia Remote Integration Test Center (RITC). Responsibilities include working in a 24 X 7 environment in the operations control center; providing support deployment and Integration functions.
- Alcatel CDMA Product
- Cartoon Pages
- Flexi Server
- Support, understand and troubleshoot and resolve the customer CDMA, UMTS and LTE RAN network (understand CNDDs, provisioning scripts, configuration files, etc.) to support the deployment of CDMA and LTE base stations.
- Respond directly to calls and requests from integration engineers to the call center; troubleshoot problems as well as support internal teams with maintenance activities.
- Interface directly with deployment and development teams which include installation, RITC Teams, RF Engineers, PM’s, FOA, etc. to resolve site, systems or network problems
- Mitigate outage risk and execute network restoration contingency plans in response to network failure, catastrophes and natural disasters
- Ensure base stations are operational (links are up, alarms clear, etc., sites ready for RF teams, and live traffic)
- Execute procedures and use proprietary software tools to support on time RAN delivery
- Provide operations support to the RF teams in their optimization activities by creating and executing work orders to make parameter changes when needed.
- Escalate quality issues to improve products and services delivered to the customer
- Develop written technical documentation such as Method or Procedure (MOP) for Field Technicians to use
- Use network protocols, networking software and hardware to correct system faults
- Work with routers and switches, Ethernet switching, IP forwarding, class of service and services, firewall and access control, server load balancing as well as routing and switching protocols
- Exercise strong analytical skills to debug, troubleshoot and isolate complex problems
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work will be performed in an office environment
- Extensive and intricate work with a computer to resolve complex network issues
- Extensive use of computerized software tools and programs
- Prolonged sitting in an office chair
Required Education/Experience and Competencies:
- Higher education in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Direct Wireless Industry experience (preferably working on CDMA and/or
- LTE network), with hands on experience supporting base stations on a live customer network.
- Strong Unix skills, as well as PC skills.
- Proven strong troubleshooting skills in a technical support role vs. deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of the transport network including Alcatel 7750s and 7705s, would be a plus.
- Strong IP knowledge in IP addressing, subnetting, routing protocols, VLAN, MPLS, etc.
- Nokia Service Routing Certification and/or Cisco Certification (CCNA). NRS2, CCNP/CCIP/CCIE and/or JNCIP/JNCIE would be a plus.
- Strong teamwork, good communication and documentation skills;
- Good inter-personal skills required
- Teaming with other Nokia service delivery teams is necessary
- Availability for shift work and weekend on call activity is required.
EEO Statement: CSS Corp. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information and other characteristics that are protected by applicable law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.