L2 IT Support Engineer
Posted 4 weeks ago
Job title: L2 IT Support Engineer
Work Location: Mauritius
Experience: 2+ years
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process,
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
- Manage IT hardware and Software asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives.
- Responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Manage a team of IT Asset Analysts.
- Plan and implement IT hardware asset life cycle strategy; advise Procurement and IT Operations in procurement strategies for IT hardware acquisition.
- Serve as IT hardware & Software asset management subject matter expert.
- Optimize usage and cost of IT hardware deployments.
- Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT assets.
- Guide IT asset associate in the daily administration of the asset management activities.
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they comply with license agreements and usage standards.
- 2 years of End uses computing / desktop support experiences.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Azure Active Directory
- Basic networking like MPLS, Internet, Router & Switch & troubleshooting skills of wifi, LAN connectivity etc
- Fair knowledge on Office 365, MS Outlook troubleshooting
- Knowledge on Printers, VPN, Software installation, Desktop imaging
- Must have experience in managing 100+ users physically at locations and associated with desktop support
- Must have basic documentation skills and proficient in Excel and in reporting as well
Required Skills & Desired Skills :
EUC / End users computing support, Deskside support, Windows 10 working knowledge, VPN, Antivirus client installation, Desktop troubleshooting, Office 365 knowledge, Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Proxy, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, Wifi etc. Working knowledge to manage IT inventory / assets etc.
|Job Category||Tech Support|
|Job Level||1 - 2 Years|
|Experience||0 - 5|