This position is a Switching L3 role who will also be trained on the Wireless LAN Technology as well.
Individual Contributor Role
- Work with a highly knowledgeable group of customers and partners. Be an escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization.
- Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Manage and own critical customer escalations. Facilitate, own and document communication among customers, escalation, and engineering.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction and escalation.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies
- Participate in cross-functional tasks such as new product development projects, create Knowledge Base and Whitepapers.
- Help improve processes and tools.
- Work Engineering, and Advance Services teams on critical customer escalations.
- Available to work in shifts and cover weekend rotations.
Requires B.E. in Electronics/Engineering or Computer Science ( or equivalent) with a minimum of 9-10 years experience in the Networking Industry.
Following candidates having any of the following experience will be preferred and minimum experience criteria may not apply –
Experience: 8+ years experience in Troubleshooting Datacentre networks, Enterprise core networks.
Platform Knowledge: Juniper (routers, switches), Cisco, Arista, Alcatel, traffic generators (Ixia, Agilent)
Preferred Certifications – JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE/CCNA/CCNP/CCIE and other equivalents.
- Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- In depth knowledge of IP Packet flow
To be proficient in any of the following technologies
- Layer 3 Technologies (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, QoS, VRRP)
- Layer 2 Technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, STP, ARP, LACP, stacking/virtual-chassis, VXLAN)
- Security Technologies (Firewalls, IPSec, GRE, IDP/IDS, IPS, Dos, clustering)
Understanding/Exposure/Expertise in one or more areas will add weightage
- MPLS, MPLS-TE, Segment Routing
- Multicast technologies PIM, NG-MVPN
- Datacenter Fabric and IP CLOS networks
Prefer to have Knowledge in one or more networking Operating Systems: –
JunOS, Cisco(IoS,IOS-XR), Palo Alto, Arista, Huawei and others.
|Job Category||Network Services|
|Job Level||Mid Level|
|Experience||8 - 10|