Job Title: Strategy & Planning Manager
Location: Bengaluru / Chennai
Research & Analysis:
- Research, identify and interpret the key market, business, and technology trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Develop data/fact-based points of view on key strategic issues. Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Conduct competitive analyses & performance benchmarking.
- Support updating and communications of competitive insights.
- May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools.
Strategic Planning & Governance:
- Ensure that policies and procedures align with corporate vision.
- Support development of the annual strategic plan drawing from internal and external research and analysis and working closely with business unit heads and finance.
- Provide business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large. Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Conduct quantitative and qualitative analytical assessments of key strategic questions identified by senior leadership.
- Support identification, evaluation, prioritization and execution of strategic initiatives, working closely with various businesses and corporate functions.
- Construct forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge in support of corporate-level strategies, regional market entry strategies, and competitive positioning.
- Advise business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- Analyze and develop insights that prove/disprove strategic business hypotheses.
- Research and develop strategies to take advantage of opportunities and/or mitigate risk areas identified by senior leadership.
- Identify and develop recommendations to best align business planning activities with the overall strategy.
New Value Generation:
- Bring expertise or identify subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations and plans based on company and external data analysis.
- Conduct internal and external analysis to identify insights for opportunities to enter new markets, develop new products or shut down/divest projects. Potentially support the development and monitoring of product roadmaps.
- Potentially identify and engage with external partners and customer segments, coordinating and partnering with lines of business, where appropriate.
- MBA preferred with 1-2 yrs related experience, or a management consultancy or corporate environment.
- Industry-specific experience in one of the following areas preferred: Digital / Technology Business, Fintech, Payment, Financial Services, Consulting.
- Tech savvy individual is proficient in using and preparing Google Slides/PowerPoint.
- Proficient in using Excel (MUST: Modeling, V-look ups, Pivots, basic array functions).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams at the senior leadership level.
|Job Category||Support Functions (Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT)|
|Job Level||5 - 10 Years|
|Experience||1 - 3|