Entity: Glow Networks
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Richardson, TX
Working Hours: 24 X 7 Shift work
Salary Range: $16 to $21 per hour, W2; based on interview and experience
Summary/Objectives: CSS Corp is currently seeking Tier 1 Network Operations Center Technicians to support optical network communications, monitoring, support, diagnosis, resolution and coordination with specialized support groups.
As a NOC Technician, you will use several network monitoring tools to ensure the viability of the client’s network, while responding to a variety of hardware and software issues. The Optical NOC Technician is responsible for monitoring and responding to optical network alarms.
- Monitor and respond to optical network alarms
- Will work in the customer’s Network Operations Center
- Collect data on network elements and input to regularly scheduled reports
- Review MOPS for customer equipment maintenance procedures
- Open bridges during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities
- Open trouble tickets when problems are reported; escalate to Tier 2 for attention and resolution
- Use effective written and verbal communication in order to resolve complex system problems
- Ability to multitask and juggle several complex issues.
- Troubleshoot faults on in-service and/or out-of-service network elements
- Develop a working knowledge of IP networking, routers, switches, etc.
- Use network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and alarm browsers to monitor networks.
- Understanding of essential programming structures and data types.
- Use MS Office suite, especially Word and Excel, proprietary software for creation of reports.
- This position is open to US citizens, permanent residents and others authorized to live and work in the US.
- Work in an office environment
- Shift work required, 24 X 7
Required Education/Experience and Competencies:
- AA, BA or BS desired
- Vocational Network Technician Training is desired
- No certifications required; CCNA or CCENT, A+, Network+, etc., is a bonus
- One to Five years’ experience in network operations support is required.
- Two years’ experience with DWDM and/or SONET optical networking equipment is required.
- Engineering field support of Infinera network elements is strongly desired.
- Experience with other optical network solutions is acceptable.
- Superior, verbal and written, English language comm skills are required
- Follow trouble-shooting procedures to isolate and correct network faults
- Demonstrate a strong foundational understanding of DWDM, SONET, Optical Mesh Networking
- Understand the use of single mode and multi-mode fiber, and various connector types
- Experience working with ISP’s/Carriers, handling dispatches and managing priorities is desired.
- Self-sufficient, able to troubleshoot optical networking problems
- Exhibit a “can-do” mentality, as needed to meet customer requirements
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
|Department||Engineering Ser - CS|
|Office||CSS Corp - Dallas, Tx (Glow)|