- Provides leadership for Operations including planning, coaching, recruitment, selection, performance development and mentoring
- Monitor staff performance, works with employees to implement goals and document progress.
- Manage resources in a cost-effective, innovative manner including assisting subordinates in effective use of resources and tools.
- Manage staff to ensure all duties are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and implements department policies and procedures.
- Ensure deadlines and production schedules are met and reallocates workloads as necessary.
- Perform resource planning and allocation and supports direct reports in meeting work requirements.
- Assess strengths and development needs of employees and provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
- Manage team expenses within budget constraints and provides financial and quantitative information in support of group and company reporting and goals.
- Execute company policies and practices and serves as a channel for company communications.
- Assist in managing the computing environment to protect the production applications critical to the success of the business.
- Deliver a computer operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24/7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
- Assist other IT management team members to establish strategies and priorities for overall IT operations by analyzing and understanding the current and future IT operation needs.
- Develop and recommend tactical and strategic plans for information processing operations.
- Identify and recommend cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the information processing area.
- Ensure all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
- Develop and maintain team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
- Manage internal and external communications/escalations on issues.
- Understand processing environments for supported products and services.
- Utilize variable staffing models, which includes contractor and co-source models, processes/practices.
- Encourage inter-team, inter-department and inter-organizational teamwork to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Experience in Service Delivery and Operations management or outsourcing project
- Strong management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence.
- Considerable knowledge of all operations lifecycle phases (e.g., requirements definition, risk management, implementation, deployment, maintenance).
- Considerable knowledge of IT production administration and operations activities and control.
- Technical knowledge of information technology networks, systems, peripherals and software applications.
- Ability to formulate, implement and evaluate plans, programs, and procedures applicable to the information processing operations.
- Proven ability to function in an environment that requires flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making, often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels.
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public.
|Job Category||Network Services|
|Job Level||Senior Level|