Job Description: Payroll Specialist
The Payroll Specialist’s responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
To be successful as a Payroll Specialist you should be able to investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards. An outstanding Payroll Specialist should also have excellent people skills and a high numerical aptitude.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Collecting time sheet data and payroll information.
- Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
- Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Preparing and processing paychecks and cash deposits.
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Preparing and distributing income statements.
- Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations.
- Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in accounting, business, or a related field preferred.
- With at least 1 year exposure in the same field or equivalent
- Experience working in payroll or a similar role.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
- Experience working with accounting and payroll software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High numerical aptitude.
|Job Category||Support Functions (Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT & Procurement etc)|
|Job Level||Mid Level|
|Experience||0 - 5|