Job Description – Project Manager
Summary: Accountable for the planning and execution of multiple projects.
Education: Associate Degree augmented with specialized technical training, BA/BS with technical studies and project management strongly preferred.
Certifications: Business Certificate in Project Management helpful but not necessary.
Work Experience: 5 + years technical experience with evidence of project “lead” and coordination responsibility in either telecommunications installation or engineering disciplines.
Reports To: VP Operations or Sr. Project Manager or VP Business Unit
Physical and/or Special Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and be able
Requirements: to multi-task and also have excellent time management skills.
Working Conditions: Generally in an office environment, however must be able to travel (approx 40%) and work on site (central office, outside plant, cell/radio sites) requirements likely.
Responsibilities: (Described as essential functions of the job):
- Responsible for the planning and completion of projects
- Establish deadlines/milestones and assigns required resources
- Fully accountable for on time/on budget project completion
- Regularly prepares reports for upper management regarding project status
- Communicates accurate assessment of jeopardy’s and concerns
- Takes cross functional responsibility for both engineering & installation aspects
- Reconciliation of invoice and expense information
- Approves all supporting documentation for invoicing, purchasing, and payment transactions
- Ensures assigned resources are capable and properly equipped to complete assigned tasks
- Provides direct/daily supervision of all project participants within the parameters of the project
- Responsible for staffing requirements, monitoring and mentoring
- Takes full responsibility for management of all contract employees, and contract resources
- Interacts with client, supplier, and site management on a frequent basis
- Demonstrate analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Must be able to work independently showing initiative and proactive behavior
- Define requirements and manage change control process
- Formally evaluate contractor performance
- Ensure project adherence to quality and safety standards
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, project management tools
- Multi faceted communication skills essential
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multi-task and prioritizing skills
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
|Department||Engineering Ser - CS|
|Office||CSS Corp - Richardson, TX (Glow)|
|Location||Richardson, TX, 75080, United States|